Traditional Client Portals and File Sharing systems are outdated technology. They were originally designed for sending large files. With new Breach of Privacy Laws, many firms are also using them to send small files (i.e. copies of tax returns) to clients. Unfortunately, clients are not adopting Client Portal technology and firms need to look at alternative file transfer options and solutions.
After an extensive research project, studying hundreds of accounting firms that have adopted a client portal or file sharing system, some shocking truths have been revealed about Client Portal adoption rates. Learn why less than 35% of your clients will use your Client Portal. And what you can do to easily and effectively transfer files for the remaining 65% that won’t.
Understand why only 35% or less of your clients will use a Client Portal or file share system
Understand the importance that file size, frequency of transfer and login have on the Client Portal experience
Learn why your firm needs a secure email solution as an easy and effective method of secure file transfer
Learn how to automate the labor intensive process of converting files to PDF format and manually encrypting PDF files as email attachments
Why E-Signatures should be a part of your file transfer solution
From this session, you will learn how your firm can save money, improve process, be in compliance and solve the workflow process of document exchange. You will learn why Client Portals don’t work and what other firms have learned using a portal or file share system
Mr. Dusablon is the Co-Founder and CEO of cPaperless, LLC, a company that provides paperless software tools and consulting services to the accounting industry. Mr. Dusablon has been the primary driver behind the company’s release of three new paperless solutions and its ability to accumulate a client base of over 2,500+ accounting firms and 20,000+ licensed users of their products.
For the past 10 years, Mr. Dusablon has been consulting accounting firms on all areas of paperless solutions, including: Document Management Solutions (DMS), Client Portals, Integrated Workflow solutions, secure document exchange, scanning techniques, using Adobe Acrobat to create digital workpapers, deploying paperless audit software solutions, and paperless tax preparation utilizing Scan-and-Organize and Scan-and-Populate solutions.
Prior to co-founding cPaperless, LLC, Mr. Dusablon served as the Vice President of Sales & Operations for Acct1st Technology Group, LLC, a leading provider of DMS, Client Portal and integrated workflow solutions to the accounting industry. Prior to joining Acct1st, Mr. Dusablon served as the Regional Managing Director (Great Lakes Region) of alliantgroup, LP. Alliantgroup, LP provides outsourced specialty tax services to accounting firms (mainly Research & Development Tax Credit studies). Prior to joining alliantgroup, Mr. Dusablon spent four years with SurePrep, LLC, where he served as the Director of Operations. SurePrep, LLC is the largest provider of outsourced tax preparation services in the U.S. He was responsible for overseeing the establishment of a 300 person tax processing center in Mumbai, India that processed over 25,000 US income tax returns each tax season.
Steve worked at PriceWaterhouseCoopers and was a Certified Public Accountant who earned a Bachelors degree in Accounting from the University of Southern California in 1990.
CPAwebengage, Inc is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.