In this fast-paced webinar, we will cover the basics of estate planning for non-lawyers. In simple language, devoid of legalese, you'll learn the following:
• Planning considerations for families with minor children;
• The basics of probate;
• The pros and cons of wills and trusts and how to determine what may be best;
• An overview of estate tax planning;
• Asset protection considerations;
• An overview of financial powers of attorney and health care directives;
• Why common probate avoidance techniques such as pay-on-death, transfer-on-death and joint ownership often cause more problems than they solve;
• A special note on IRAs in the wake of the Supreme Court decision in Clark v. Rameker
And much more.
Attorney Chuck Roulet’s practice is focused on estate planning, business law, and asset protection services. He is dedicated to helping his clients gain peace of mind by helping them protect what matters most to them. Chuck earned his undergraduate degree from Georgetown University in Washington, DC and his law degree from William Mitchell College of Law, where he received the CALI award for being the top student in his class in the area of Estates and Trusts. He was an editor of the William Mitchell Law Review, a member of the Rosalie Wahl Moot Court Team and provided research and drafting assistance to the committee that rewrote Minnesota’s Civil Jury Instruction Guide. After graduation, Chuck went to work for a large firm in the Twin Cities before starting his own firm. Chuck has published a number of articles on estate planning and business and conducts local and national presentations on estate planning, business formation, and asset protection.