In this webinar, Transition Advisors CEO Terry Putney will address and participants can learn:
• How do you prepare your firm to pursue mergers or acquisitions or selling to achieve your goals?
• If you are considering selling or merging, when is the right time to do that?
• How do you find the right candidates to merge with? How do you keep from making a fatal error by merging with the wrong firm?
• How do you determine the value of an accounting firm?
• How do you know when to walk away from a prospect?
Terry has more than 35 years’ experience in the CPA profession. For six years, he served as Managing Director - Mergers & Acquisitions for RSM McGladrey, the country’s fifth-largest accounting firm and held several executive posts with its corporate parent, H&R Block. At RSM, he structured and negotiated numerous deals resulting in the acquisition of accounting and consulting firms ranging in size from sole proprietors to multi-state firms with hundreds of staff and professionals. Prior to joining McGladrey, he served as Managing Partner of Donnelly Meiners Jordan Kline, a 60-person CPA firm in Kansas City. Terry believes it’s imperative that practitioners have a clear understanding of their objectives when pursuing a sale of their practice or the merger with, or acquisition of, another practice. “I've seen deals not work or not materialize because one of the parties to the succession plan had not thought through what they really wanted to accomplish. Transition Advisors will make sure the approach to executing your plan will meet your objectives. Because we are consultants and not brokers, we can be much more flexible in helping a firm succeed with its transition plan.”