This session will review when to start the process, how to select a successor, alternative deal structures and keys to client retention.
If you or some of your partners are seeking to slow down over the next five years – or if you are interested in acquiring a firm – this session is for you.
In this webinar, Transition Advisors President Joel Sinkin will address:
• When you should start the process of planning your succession/transition of your practice and/or client base
• Alternative deal structures available to create this succession plan
• Keys to choosing the “right” successor firm Participants can learn:
• How the nature of the relationship with the clients and frequency of contact can dictate the time frame it takes to transition relationships
• How to start your transition/succession plan without yielding control or giving up income
• How the 4 C’s: chemistry, continuity, capacity and culture impact the succession plan
To teach many aspects of succession planning for accounting firms from the position of being the owner seeking a succession plan as well as being the successor firm
Joel Sinkin is the President of Transition Advisors, LLC a firm that exclusively consults on Mergers & Acquisitions for Public Accounting Firms. Mr. Sinkin is an expert in practice evaluation, succession planning, and transaction structure. He has personally overseen hundreds of transaction closings of accounting firms since 1990. He has worked with firms of all sizes from sole proprietors to large regional and international firms. He consults on internal and external succession planning and provides complete transaction support including valuations, alternative deal structures, documentation, due diligence and transitional issues regarding partners, staff and clients.
Transition Advisors is dedicated to working exclusively with accounting firms nationwide to:
Joel teaches CPE courses and lectures for the AICPA, many State Societies of CPAs, National Accounting Organizations and many other professional organizations. Mr. Sinkin is frequently quoted in trade magazines and has had dozens of articles authored by him or about him published in The Journal of Accountancy, Accounting Today, CCH, The CPA Journal, Insight, The Practicing CPA, The Practical Accountant, Inside Public Accounting, CPA Practice Management Forum, many state societies magazines, Best Practices in People Management and many more. Joel co-authored BUYING AND MERGING CPA FIRMS published by PPC,