Give us an hour. We’ll get you caught up on recent important court cases, regulations, rulings and related developments affecting individuals, C & S Corps, partnerships, businesses, estates/trusts and retirement plans.
This course gives a brief overview of the biggest changes resulting from the tax bill, including:
• Limitations on the IRS’s ability to issue new regulations
• Changes to income tax rates and “marriage penalties”
• IRS directions for new withholding table, tax calculator, and W-4s
• Changes to “kiddie tax” and the tax treatment of dependents
• Changes the standard deduction and itemized deductions
• Changes to the AMT and Estate and Gift Taxes
• New pass-through deduction
It also covers recent legislation and IRS guidance on hot topics such as:
• Processing of “silent returns” (those that do not address ACA question)
• Changes to Section 179 real estate
• Determination of a Placed in Service Date
• Changes in how the IRS audits partnerships
• IRS’s investigation into virtual currency
• Refund claims
• Cybersecurity concerns
Bradley Burnett, J.D., LL.M., is a practicing Colorado tax attorney with 33 years of tax practice experience. His practice emphasis is on tax planning and tax controversy resolution. Mr. Burnett has delivered more than 3,000 presentations on U.S. tax law throughout all fifty U.S. states, Washington, D.C., the Bahamas, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Canada. He has authored texts of 35 CPE courses. Mr. Burnett’s seminar style is to deliver the subject matter in briskly paced, enthusiastic and witty fashion. His forte is the candid communication of practical ideas relating to tax law.
CPAacademy.org (Sponsor Id#: 111889) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
CPAacademy.org 1685 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite #205, Denver, CO 80222