Tax practice and the resolution of tax problems with the Internal Revenue Service can be tedious and outright challenging. This course will show practitioners how to navigate through the confusing IRS system, help them save time, and enable them to avail their clients of all the rights to which they are entitled. The techniques and tools this course provides will make tax practice less “taxing.” Major Topics: Appeals:
* Preparing protests to the IRS 30-day letter
* Working and resolving issues with the IRS Appeals Office
* Negotiating settlement agreements and closing agreements
* Requesting a private letter ruling or technical advice memorandum
* Securing IRS §444 elections for S corporations
* Exempt organization determinations
Penalties and interest:
* Abating penalties – failure to file, pay, estimate, deposit, and others
* Avoiding substantial underpayment of tax and valuation misstatement penalties
* Avoiding return preparer penalties
* Abatement of interest
* Avoiding the filing of frivolous tax returns
Gain a better understanding of IRS procedures.
Understand how to avoid major mistakes in dealing with the Internal Revenue Service.
Find out how to provide the best advice for clients.
Stuart “Stu” Sobel combines an in-depth knowledge of taxation and nonprofits with an ability to communicate clearly. A dynamic speaker, Stu seeks to help people understand the very complex world of taxation in every day terms. And he’s just the person to do it — Stu has been in the industry for 48 years. He worked in examination and high level positions at the IRS for 30 years. Following that, Stu spent nine years as the producer and host of his own nationally syndicated radio program called Wise Choices: Taxes and Charity Today. He also ran his own tax and nonprofit consulting firm for 12 years (Stuart Sobel Consulting, Inc.). He has helped create over 2,500 nonprofit organizations worldwide. His expertise on the topic of nonprofit taxation has earned him the title “The Guru of Giving.”
CPAwebengage, Inc. (Sponsor Id#: 111889) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
CPAwebengage Inc. 1685 S. Colorado Blvd, Suite #205, Denver, CO 80222